Chechen man in Florida `linked to Boston suspect` killed by FBI
Zee Media Bureau
Florida: FBI officials say that a Chechen man in Florida, who was suspected to be linked to one of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects, was shot dead by investigators when he grew violent when questioned about the same.
The 27 year old man named Ibragim Todashev was at his house in Orlando when an FBI agent accompanied with two Masachusetts state troopers reached to question him. The exact details of what happened during the investigation are not clear, but according to some reports, Todashev lunged at the FBI agent with his knife, which might have prompted the official to shoot at him.
According to reports by US media, Todashev had confessed to his role in a triple murder case in September 2011 in Waltham suburb of Boston and implicated Tamerlan Tsarnaev in the crime.
Tamerlan Tsarnaev, an aspiring boxer, was killed in a shootout with police days after the April 15 bombings. His younger brother, Dzhokhar, survived and is charged with carrying out the attack that killed three people and wounded more than 260. He`s also charged in the slaying of an MIT police officer days later.
Several of Todashev`s former roommates who were questioned said that he knew the older bombing suspect, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, from mixed martial arts fighting in Boston and that the FBI was asking about him.
Investigators have been trying to establish the scope of the Boston bombings plot. Authorities in Massachusetts said they would investigate whether Tamerlan Tsarnaev had any connection to the unsolved 2011 deaths in Waltham, where three men were found in an apartment, their throats slit and marijuana sprinkled over their bodies. One of the victims was a boxer and a friend of Tsarnaev`s.
According to friends, Todashev had lived on and off with other Chechens in the Orlando suburb of Kissimmee and had moved to Orlando more recently.
Police records suggest he had a hot temper, with arrests in a road rage incident and, more recently, in a fight over a parking space.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- Floods affect over 6 lakh in 14 Assam districts, toll rises to seven
- Congress lawmakers to quit if SC ruling on SYL canal goes against Punjab
- CPN (Maoist Centre) chairman Prachanda all set to become new Nepal PM
- Swachh Bharat, Skill India 'transformative' schemes: President Pranab Mukherjee
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video