Chechen man in Florida `linked to Boston suspect` killed by FBI
Zee Media Bureau
Florida: FBI officials say that a Chechen man in Florida, who was suspected to be linked to one of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects, was shot dead by investigators when he grew violent when questioned about the same.
The 27 year old man named Ibragim Todashev was at his house in Orlando when an FBI agent accompanied with two Masachusetts state troopers reached to question him. The exact details of what happened during the investigation are not clear, but according to some reports, Todashev lunged at the FBI agent with his knife, which might have prompted the official to shoot at him.
According to reports by US media, Todashev had confessed to his role in a triple murder case in September 2011 in Waltham suburb of Boston and implicated Tamerlan Tsarnaev in the crime.
Tamerlan Tsarnaev, an aspiring boxer, was killed in a shootout with police days after the April 15 bombings. His younger brother, Dzhokhar, survived and is charged with carrying out the attack that killed three people and wounded more than 260. He`s also charged in the slaying of an MIT police officer days later.
Several of Todashev`s former roommates who were questioned said that he knew the older bombing suspect, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, from mixed martial arts fighting in Boston and that the FBI was asking about him.
Investigators have been trying to establish the scope of the Boston bombings plot. Authorities in Massachusetts said they would investigate whether Tamerlan Tsarnaev had any connection to the unsolved 2011 deaths in Waltham, where three men were found in an apartment, their throats slit and marijuana sprinkled over their bodies. One of the victims was a boxer and a friend of Tsarnaev`s.
According to friends, Todashev had lived on and off with other Chechens in the Orlando suburb of Kissimmee and had moved to Orlando more recently.
Police records suggest he had a hot temper, with arrests in a road rage incident and, more recently, in a fight over a parking space.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list