Chechens not fighting in Syria: Kadyrov
Moscow: Leader of Russia`s Chechnya region Ramzan Kadyrov has rejected media reports about Chechens allegedly taking part in the Syrian conflict.
Syrian opposition forces seized two crossings on the border with Turkey over the weekend. A western media report said about 150 foreigners took part in an assault on the Bab al-Hawa crossing.
"Some people on the border allegedly said there were Chechens among them. Is there documented evidence? There is none because there just can`t be," Kadyrov was quoted as saying by the Chechen administration website on Monday.
He described the information as "yet another media hoax".
Around 16,000 people have died in Syria since the start of the almost 17-month uprising against President Bashar al-Assad, the UN says quoting Syrian rights activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists