Chechens not fighting in Syria: Kadyrov
Moscow: Leader of Russia`s Chechnya region Ramzan Kadyrov has rejected media reports about Chechens allegedly taking part in the Syrian conflict.
Syrian opposition forces seized two crossings on the border with Turkey over the weekend. A western media report said about 150 foreigners took part in an assault on the Bab al-Hawa crossing.
"Some people on the border allegedly said there were Chechens among them. Is there documented evidence? There is none because there just can`t be," Kadyrov was quoted as saying by the Chechen administration website on Monday.
He described the information as "yet another media hoax".
Around 16,000 people have died in Syria since the start of the almost 17-month uprising against President Bashar al-Assad, the UN says quoting Syrian rights activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH