Chechnya leader supports polygamy, wants 2nd wife
Moscow: Ramzan Kadyrov, head of the southern Russian republic of Chechnya, fully supports the idea of polygamy and says he is looking for a beautiful woman to become his second wife, according to a media report.
"Currently, I am on the look out, but I cannot find a beautiful one. If there was, I would marry her immediately. I am always on the look out for a worthy bride," Kadyrov said in an interview with the Komsomolskaya Pravda paper.
Kadyrov`s wife, Medni, is from his native village of Tsentoroi. They have six children.
"If there is love, it`s ok to have four wives... If you can build a home, keep your wives in the same conditions, not infringe their rights, then Sharia (Islamic law) allows a man to have four wives," he said.
"It is much fairer than keeping one or two mistresses while your children starve at home," he added.
The leader said he did not cheat on his wife, and stressed that Sharia allows a second marriage only if the first wife agrees.
"If my wife was against polygamy I wouldn`t have married her," he joked.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative