Chechnya leader supports polygamy, wants 2nd wife
Moscow: Ramzan Kadyrov, head of the southern Russian republic of Chechnya, fully supports the idea of polygamy and says he is looking for a beautiful woman to become his second wife, according to a media report.
"Currently, I am on the look out, but I cannot find a beautiful one. If there was, I would marry her immediately. I am always on the look out for a worthy bride," Kadyrov said in an interview with the Komsomolskaya Pravda paper.
Kadyrov`s wife, Medni, is from his native village of Tsentoroi. They have six children.
"If there is love, it`s ok to have four wives... If you can build a home, keep your wives in the same conditions, not infringe their rights, then Sharia (Islamic law) allows a man to have four wives," he said.
"It is much fairer than keeping one or two mistresses while your children starve at home," he added.
The leader said he did not cheat on his wife, and stressed that Sharia allows a second marriage only if the first wife agrees.
"If my wife was against polygamy I wouldn`t have married her," he joked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan