Chechnya leader supports polygamy, wants 2nd wife
Moscow: Ramzan Kadyrov, head of the southern Russian republic of Chechnya, fully supports the idea of polygamy and says he is looking for a beautiful woman to become his second wife, according to a media report.
"Currently, I am on the look out, but I cannot find a beautiful one. If there was, I would marry her immediately. I am always on the look out for a worthy bride," Kadyrov said in an interview with the Komsomolskaya Pravda paper.
Kadyrov`s wife, Medni, is from his native village of Tsentoroi. They have six children.
"If there is love, it`s ok to have four wives... If you can build a home, keep your wives in the same conditions, not infringe their rights, then Sharia (Islamic law) allows a man to have four wives," he said.
"It is much fairer than keeping one or two mistresses while your children starve at home," he added.
The leader said he did not cheat on his wife, and stressed that Sharia allows a second marriage only if the first wife agrees.
"If my wife was against polygamy I wouldn`t have married her," he joked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons