Chechnya leader supports polygamy, wants 2nd wife
Moscow: Ramzan Kadyrov, head of the southern Russian republic of Chechnya, fully supports the idea of polygamy and says he is looking for a beautiful woman to become his second wife, according to a media report.
"Currently, I am on the look out, but I cannot find a beautiful one. If there was, I would marry her immediately. I am always on the look out for a worthy bride," Kadyrov said in an interview with the Komsomolskaya Pravda paper.
Kadyrov`s wife, Medni, is from his native village of Tsentoroi. They have six children.
"If there is love, it`s ok to have four wives... If you can build a home, keep your wives in the same conditions, not infringe their rights, then Sharia (Islamic law) allows a man to have four wives," he said.
"It is much fairer than keeping one or two mistresses while your children starve at home," he added.
The leader said he did not cheat on his wife, and stressed that Sharia allows a second marriage only if the first wife agrees.
"If my wife was against polygamy I wouldn`t have married her," he joked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country