Chechnya leader supports polygamy, wants 2nd wife
Moscow: Ramzan Kadyrov, head of the southern Russian republic of Chechnya, fully supports the idea of polygamy and says he is looking for a beautiful woman to become his second wife, according to a media report.
"Currently, I am on the look out, but I cannot find a beautiful one. If there was, I would marry her immediately. I am always on the look out for a worthy bride," Kadyrov said in an interview with the Komsomolskaya Pravda paper.
Kadyrov`s wife, Medni, is from his native village of Tsentoroi. They have six children.
"If there is love, it`s ok to have four wives... If you can build a home, keep your wives in the same conditions, not infringe their rights, then Sharia (Islamic law) allows a man to have four wives," he said.
"It is much fairer than keeping one or two mistresses while your children starve at home," he added.
The leader said he did not cheat on his wife, and stressed that Sharia allows a second marriage only if the first wife agrees.
"If my wife was against polygamy I wouldn`t have married her," he joked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside