Chef sentenced in boiled wife`s body case in US
Los Angeles: A chef who told police he cooked his wife`s body in boiling water has been sentenced in Los Angeles to 15 years to life in prison for second-degree murder.
David Viens gave a rambling, 45-minute speech during Friday`s sentencing, saying the story he told police about cooking the body was a lie.
He said he was disoriented at the time after having surgery for injuries he suffered when he jumped off a cliff.
The 49-year-old Viens was convicted in September of killing of 39-year-old Dawn Viens in 2009. Her body was never found.
In a recorded interrogation presented at trial, Viens said he cooked her body for four days to get rid of evidence. Authorities said he leaped off a cliff after learning he was a suspect in her disappearance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'