Chelsea Clinton ponders entering politics
New York: Just as speculation rises over Hillary Clinton`s presidential ambitions, daughter Chelsea hinted Monday that she too could enter politics.
With ex-president Bill Clinton as her father and the former secretary of state and would-be first female president as mother, Chelsea has politics in her blood.
So far, the 33-year-old has kept out of the family business. However, a foray into television journalism and frequent appearances on conference stages are rapidly increasing her prominence.
Asked by NBC television if she would consider a political future, Chelsea Clinton said: "Right now I`m grateful to live in a city, a state and a country where I strongly support my mayor, my governor, my president and my senators and my representative."
But, she added: "If at some point that weren`t true and I thought I could make a meaningful and measurably greater impact, I`d have to ask and answer that question."
The hint adds a new twist to the Clinton saga. This week media attention zeroed in on Hillary Clinton who is in the midst of a series of public speaking appearances.
Polls show she would have heavy support for a second presidential run in 2016, after being defeated in the Democratic primary by Barack Obama in 2008.
Chelsea said: "I very much want her to make the right choice for herself and I know that will be (the) right choice for our country and I`ll support her in whatever she chooses to do."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read