Chelsea Clinton’s future father-in-law ‘a convicted fraudster’
Sydney: Chelsea Clinton’s future father-in-law is a convicted fraudster, it has emerged.
Ed Mezvinsky - whose son Marc is set to marry Chelsea - served five years in jail over a USD 9 million scam in which a judge described his actions as a "one-man crime wave", Britain`s Daily Mail reported.
The former congressman has since expressed remorse for his actions, which included him taking his own mother-in-law`s money by funding Nigerian-style Internet scams.
Mezinsky, 73, eventually lost everything and still owes millions of dollars in compensation to his victims - several of whom will be at the wedding, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.
But the revelations are doing little to dampen the excitement about the marriage, with the event capturing the attention of the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan