Chelsea Clinton’s future father-in-law ‘a convicted fraudster’
Sydney: Chelsea Clinton’s future father-in-law is a convicted fraudster, it has emerged.
Ed Mezvinsky - whose son Marc is set to marry Chelsea - served five years in jail over a USD 9 million scam in which a judge described his actions as a "one-man crime wave", Britain`s Daily Mail reported.
The former congressman has since expressed remorse for his actions, which included him taking his own mother-in-law`s money by funding Nigerian-style Internet scams.
Mezinsky, 73, eventually lost everything and still owes millions of dollars in compensation to his victims - several of whom will be at the wedding, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.
But the revelations are doing little to dampen the excitement about the marriage, with the event capturing the attention of the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'