Chelsea Clinton’s future father-in-law ‘a convicted fraudster’
Sydney: Chelsea Clinton’s future father-in-law is a convicted fraudster, it has emerged.
Ed Mezvinsky - whose son Marc is set to marry Chelsea - served five years in jail over a USD 9 million scam in which a judge described his actions as a "one-man crime wave", Britain`s Daily Mail reported.
The former congressman has since expressed remorse for his actions, which included him taking his own mother-in-law`s money by funding Nigerian-style Internet scams.
Mezinsky, 73, eventually lost everything and still owes millions of dollars in compensation to his victims - several of whom will be at the wedding, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.
But the revelations are doing little to dampen the excitement about the marriage, with the event capturing the attention of the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love