Chelsea Clinton’s future father-in-law ‘a convicted fraudster’
Sydney: Chelsea Clinton’s future father-in-law is a convicted fraudster, it has emerged.
Ed Mezvinsky - whose son Marc is set to marry Chelsea - served five years in jail over a USD 9 million scam in which a judge described his actions as a "one-man crime wave", Britain`s Daily Mail reported.
The former congressman has since expressed remorse for his actions, which included him taking his own mother-in-law`s money by funding Nigerian-style Internet scams.
Mezinsky, 73, eventually lost everything and still owes millions of dollars in compensation to his victims - several of whom will be at the wedding, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.
But the revelations are doing little to dampen the excitement about the marriage, with the event capturing the attention of the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!