Chelsea not getting married now, says Hillary
Washington: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has sought to dispel rumours that her daughter Chelsea is getting married, saying that wedding is not on cards "now".
"There are rumours about your daughter Chelsea getting
married. Yes, or no?" she was asked in an interview with the
"If that is true, I do not know about it, so I hope the
answer is no.
"No, she`s not. There is no truth to that. I keep reading
it, and we keep saying, `It`s not true, it`s not true. But for
some reason it doesn`t get away,`" the doting mother said.
Recent media reports in the US had claimed that the
29-year-old daughter of Hillary and former US President Bill
Clinton may get married soon with longtime boyfriend Marc
Mezvinsky, who is a Goldman Sachs investment banker.
Clinton said she had a lot of experience with rumours.
"Shutting down rumours is certainly not something I know how
to do," she said.
"Someday she will get married, and we look forward to
that. It`s just not now," the interviewer said.
"Not now, not now," Clinton said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened