Chemical bomb threat at CNN Center closes streets
Atlanta: Police closed streets and sidewalks around CNN Center in downtown Atlanta as they investigated a chemical bomb threat, but found no such device during a search of the complex.
Atlanta police spokeswoman K Y Jones tells The Associated Press no chemical was located in today morning search. She said shortly after 6 am that all streets in the area were open again.
Police say a caller claimed to have planted a chemical bomb at the cable news channel`s headquarters.
Police had closed streets and sidewalks to vehicles and pedestrians on the block to the north of the center, and on the block to the west of the center.
The complex is home to CNN and several restaurants and shops. The area is just south of Centennial Olympic Park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you