Chemical bomb threat at CNN Center closes streets
Atlanta: Police closed streets and sidewalks around CNN Center in downtown Atlanta as they investigated a chemical bomb threat, but found no such device during a search of the complex.
Atlanta police spokeswoman K Y Jones tells The Associated Press no chemical was located in today morning search. She said shortly after 6 am that all streets in the area were open again.
Police say a caller claimed to have planted a chemical bomb at the cable news channel`s headquarters.
Police had closed streets and sidewalks to vehicles and pedestrians on the block to the north of the center, and on the block to the west of the center.
The complex is home to CNN and several restaurants and shops. The area is just south of Centennial Olympic Park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city