Chemical bomb threat at CNN Center closes streets
Atlanta: Police closed streets and sidewalks around CNN Center in downtown Atlanta as they investigated a chemical bomb threat, but found no such device during a search of the complex.
Atlanta police spokeswoman K Y Jones tells The Associated Press no chemical was located in today morning search. She said shortly after 6 am that all streets in the area were open again.
Police say a caller claimed to have planted a chemical bomb at the cable news channel`s headquarters.
Police had closed streets and sidewalks to vehicles and pedestrians on the block to the north of the center, and on the block to the west of the center.
The complex is home to CNN and several restaurants and shops. The area is just south of Centennial Olympic Park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed