Chemical inspectors visit 19 Syrian chemical sites
Damascus: A day after experts visited a site in an undisclosed location, the Organisation for the Prohibition of the Chemical Weapons (OPCW) Friday said the inspectors have so far visited 19 of Syria`s 23 disclosed sites.
"The OPCW inspectors visited a site on Thursday and verified that all of its previous chemical weapon-related equipment has already been dismantled," reported Xinhua citing the OPCW.
"This brings to 19 the total number of sites visited by the OPCW inspectors, out of 23 that have been disclosed by Syria," it added.
In an earlier statement, the OPCW said that its teams were working with the Syrian authorities to prepare an initial declaration, which will include a general plan to destroy the country`s chemical arsenal.
The OPCW noted that inspectors are currently working in three teams with "good access" to sites thus far, adding that state parties are providing the OPCW with lists of former inspectors who are available and willing to be deployed in the Syria mission going forward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder