Chemical weapons used in Syria: Israeli official
Jerusalem: A senior Israeli official says it is "apparently clear" that chemical weapons were recently used in Syria, either by the rebels or by the government.
Today`s remarks by Yuval Steinitz, the newly appointed minister of intelligence and strategic affairs, conflicts with US assessments that there is no evidence behind accusations yesterday traded between rebels and the regime of a chemical weapons attack in a village in the north of the country.
Steinitz, who was speaking to Army Radio, did not say how he came to the conclusion that the weapons were used.
He said it will be a main topic in talks with visiting President Barak Obama. Israel has long expressed concerns that Syria`s chemical stockpile could reach militant groups like Hezbollah or al-Qaida-inspired organizations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet