Chemical weapons used in Syria: Israeli official
Jerusalem: A senior Israeli official says it is "apparently clear" that chemical weapons were recently used in Syria, either by the rebels or by the government.
Today`s remarks by Yuval Steinitz, the newly appointed minister of intelligence and strategic affairs, conflicts with US assessments that there is no evidence behind accusations yesterday traded between rebels and the regime of a chemical weapons attack in a village in the north of the country.
Steinitz, who was speaking to Army Radio, did not say how he came to the conclusion that the weapons were used.
He said it will be a main topic in talks with visiting President Barak Obama. Israel has long expressed concerns that Syria`s chemical stockpile could reach militant groups like Hezbollah or al-Qaida-inspired organizations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what