Chemical weapons used in Syria: Israeli official
Jerusalem: A senior Israeli official says it is "apparently clear" that chemical weapons were recently used in Syria, either by the rebels or by the government.
Today`s remarks by Yuval Steinitz, the newly appointed minister of intelligence and strategic affairs, conflicts with US assessments that there is no evidence behind accusations yesterday traded between rebels and the regime of a chemical weapons attack in a village in the north of the country.
Steinitz, who was speaking to Army Radio, did not say how he came to the conclusion that the weapons were used.
He said it will be a main topic in talks with visiting President Barak Obama. Israel has long expressed concerns that Syria`s chemical stockpile could reach militant groups like Hezbollah or al-Qaida-inspired organizations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra