Chemical weapons used in Syria: Israeli official
Jerusalem: A senior Israeli official says it is "apparently clear" that chemical weapons were recently used in Syria, either by the rebels or by the government.
Today`s remarks by Yuval Steinitz, the newly appointed minister of intelligence and strategic affairs, conflicts with US assessments that there is no evidence behind accusations yesterday traded between rebels and the regime of a chemical weapons attack in a village in the north of the country.
Steinitz, who was speaking to Army Radio, did not say how he came to the conclusion that the weapons were used.
He said it will be a main topic in talks with visiting President Barak Obama. Israel has long expressed concerns that Syria`s chemical stockpile could reach militant groups like Hezbollah or al-Qaida-inspired organizations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price