Children killed in Russian helicopter crash
Zee Media Bureau
Moscow: A Russian Mi-8 helicopter crashed on Tuesday in the Siberia region killing 19 people, including children, according to BBC. Strong winds were reported the cause of the crash.
Among 28 people onboard, 14 were children between the ages of two to twelve. There is no conformity yet on how many children were killed or injured.
Rescue teams have been immediately rushed to the spot in two other Mi-8 helicopters. The helicopter came down in remote, mountainous terrain, making access to it difficult.
The helicopter was flying from Deputatsky to another village, Kazachye when the crash occured.
The helicopters are frequently used to transport people from one pla ce to another in the remote areas in Siberia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened