Chile arrests 4 accused of burning `antichrist` baby in rite
Santiago (Chile): Chilean police have arrested four people accused of burning a baby alive in a ritual.
Police said today that they burned the days-old baby in a bonfire in November because the leader of the rite believed that the end of the world was near and the toddler was the antichrist.
The mother of the baby allegedly had approved the sacrifice.
Authorities say the 12-member sect was formed in 2005 and was led by 35-year-old Ramon Gustavo Castillo, who remains at large.
Police say Castillo was last seen travelling to Peru to buy ayahuasca, a hallucinogenic brew plant that he used to control the members of the rite.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report