Chile arrests 4 accused of burning `antichrist` baby in rite
Santiago (Chile): Chilean police have arrested four people accused of burning a baby alive in a ritual.
Police said today that they burned the days-old baby in a bonfire in November because the leader of the rite believed that the end of the world was near and the toddler was the antichrist.
The mother of the baby allegedly had approved the sacrifice.
Authorities say the 12-member sect was formed in 2005 and was led by 35-year-old Ramon Gustavo Castillo, who remains at large.
Police say Castillo was last seen travelling to Peru to buy ayahuasca, a hallucinogenic brew plant that he used to control the members of the rite.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29