Chile arrests 4 accused of burning `antichrist` baby in rite
Santiago (Chile): Chilean police have arrested four people accused of burning a baby alive in a ritual.
Police said today that they burned the days-old baby in a bonfire in November because the leader of the rite believed that the end of the world was near and the toddler was the antichrist.
The mother of the baby allegedly had approved the sacrifice.
Authorities say the 12-member sect was formed in 2005 and was led by 35-year-old Ramon Gustavo Castillo, who remains at large.
Police say Castillo was last seen travelling to Peru to buy ayahuasca, a hallucinogenic brew plant that he used to control the members of the rite.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured