Chile arrests 4 accused of burning `antichrist` baby in rite
Santiago (Chile): Chilean police have arrested four people accused of burning a baby alive in a ritual.
Police said today that they burned the days-old baby in a bonfire in November because the leader of the rite believed that the end of the world was near and the toddler was the antichrist.
The mother of the baby allegedly had approved the sacrifice.
Authorities say the 12-member sect was formed in 2005 and was led by 35-year-old Ramon Gustavo Castillo, who remains at large.
Police say Castillo was last seen travelling to Peru to buy ayahuasca, a hallucinogenic brew plant that he used to control the members of the rite.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof