Chile opening Pinochet`s last will and testament
Santiago: Chilean officials will open the last will and testament of Gen Augusto Pinochet on Wednesday, a key step in determining just how large the dictator`s fortune was.
A study ordered by Chile`s Supreme Court determined years ago that the dictator accumulated $21 million before his death in 2006 at age 91 and said only $3 million of that was justified by his military salary.
He died under house arrest, facing charges of illegal enrichment along with human rights violations.
His oldest daughter, Lucia Pinochet, tells the Chilean newspaper La Segunda that it`s ``political persecution`` to open the will.
Chile`s justice system will keep the dictator`s last wishes private for now, but a government representative will be there looking to recover any state money that it points to.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video