Chile quake damage estimated at $30 bn
Santiago: Chilean President Sebastian Pinera has said property worth USD 30 billion damaged in the 8.8-magnitude quake in the country last month, Xinhua reported.
"The property losses caused by the earthquake and (the ensuing) tsunami are estimated at USD 30 billion," Pinera said at a press conference on Friday.
The Februarty 27 earthquake damaged houses, hospitals, schools and other infrastructure.
Pinera said a readjustment has been made in the country`s annual budget after these events.
"We will use some international credits because Chile has a very low external debt," he noted.
He announced the creation of a fund for the country`s reconstruction.
Pinera was sworn into office on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?