Chile quake damage estimated at $30 bn
Santiago: Chilean President Sebastian Pinera has said property worth USD 30 billion damaged in the 8.8-magnitude quake in the country last month, Xinhua reported.
"The property losses caused by the earthquake and (the ensuing) tsunami are estimated at USD 30 billion," Pinera said at a press conference on Friday.
The Februarty 27 earthquake damaged houses, hospitals, schools and other infrastructure.
Pinera said a readjustment has been made in the country`s annual budget after these events.
"We will use some international credits because Chile has a very low external debt," he noted.
He announced the creation of a fund for the country`s reconstruction.
Pinera was sworn into office on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read