Chile quake damage estimated at $30 bn
Santiago: Chilean President Sebastian Pinera has said property worth USD 30 billion damaged in the 8.8-magnitude quake in the country last month, Xinhua reported.
"The property losses caused by the earthquake and (the ensuing) tsunami are estimated at USD 30 billion," Pinera said at a press conference on Friday.
The Februarty 27 earthquake damaged houses, hospitals, schools and other infrastructure.
Pinera said a readjustment has been made in the country`s annual budget after these events.
"We will use some international credits because Chile has a very low external debt," he noted.
He announced the creation of a fund for the country`s reconstruction.
Pinera was sworn into office on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers