`Chile should clear up mystery of Salvador Allende`s death`
Madrid: Author Isabel Allende is praising Chile`s effort to clear up mysteries surrounding the death of president Salvador Allende.
Speaking at the Madrid Book Fair on Wednesday, she said no country should leave such a big question unresolved as whether its president was murdered or killed himself.
Allende also joined an online chat on Wednesday with Spanish newspaper El Pais, where she said Allende would remain a hero no matter what a judicial investigation determines, but the image of Chile`s military will suffer if it turns out they assassinated him and covered it up to make it look like suicide.
She said that would show the dictatorship was corrupt from the very beginning.
President Allende, who died during the 1973 coup led by Chilean dictator General Augusto Pinochet, was a cousin of the writer`s father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!