Chileans find bodies from crashed air force plane
Santiago: Chilean officials said Saturday they have begun recovering bodies from the crash of a military airplane that went down in the Pacific Ocean with 21 aboard.
The bodies of two women and two men were recovered by searchers or fishermen, officials said, though they did not identify them. Six women were on the flight.
Vice Admiral Cristian de la Maza said searchers were finding many pieces of the CASA 212 plane that crashed Friday afternoon after two failed attempts to land in difficult weather on the Juan Fernandez islands, 400 miles (670 kilometers) from the Chilean mainland. Officials say they believe all aboard died.
Among those aboard was popular Chilean television personality Felipe Camiroaga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says