Chilling note found alongside severed heads in Mexico
Zacapu: A chilling note was found alongside the heads and dismembered bodies of four people Thursday in the Mexican state of Michoacan where vigilantes are battling a drug cartel, authorities said.
The heads were placed on top of plastic bags on a street in the town of Zacapu, an official in the Michoacan state prosecutor`s office told AFP. The arms and legs were found near a church.
A note was left near the body parts, reading: "This is what will happen to those who support the Knights Templar" cartel.
The victims have been identified and authorities are trying to determine whether they are linked to organized crime, the official said.
In another gruesome discovery, the prosecutor`s office said it had dug up the bones of two humans in the town of Tancitaro.
Last weekend, two decapitated heads were left in the town of Antunez.
The Knights Templar have been locked in a turf war with the Jalisco New Generation drug cartel.
Last year, civilians fed up with the police`s failure to deal with the Knights Templar gang began to form vigilante militias to oust the criminals from the region.
The government of President Enrique Pena Nieto has deployed thousands of federal police and troops to Michoacan, seeking to restore security, but violence has continued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends