Chilling note found alongside severed heads in Mexico
Zacapu: A chilling note was found alongside the heads and dismembered bodies of four people Thursday in the Mexican state of Michoacan where vigilantes are battling a drug cartel, authorities said.
The heads were placed on top of plastic bags on a street in the town of Zacapu, an official in the Michoacan state prosecutor`s office told AFP. The arms and legs were found near a church.
A note was left near the body parts, reading: "This is what will happen to those who support the Knights Templar" cartel.
The victims have been identified and authorities are trying to determine whether they are linked to organized crime, the official said.
In another gruesome discovery, the prosecutor`s office said it had dug up the bones of two humans in the town of Tancitaro.
Last weekend, two decapitated heads were left in the town of Antunez.
The Knights Templar have been locked in a turf war with the Jalisco New Generation drug cartel.
Last year, civilians fed up with the police`s failure to deal with the Knights Templar gang began to form vigilante militias to oust the criminals from the region.
The government of President Enrique Pena Nieto has deployed thousands of federal police and troops to Michoacan, seeking to restore security, but violence has continued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan