Chilling note found alongside severed heads in Mexico
Zacapu: A chilling note was found alongside the heads and dismembered bodies of four people Thursday in the Mexican state of Michoacan where vigilantes are battling a drug cartel, authorities said.
The heads were placed on top of plastic bags on a street in the town of Zacapu, an official in the Michoacan state prosecutor`s office told AFP. The arms and legs were found near a church.
A note was left near the body parts, reading: "This is what will happen to those who support the Knights Templar" cartel.
The victims have been identified and authorities are trying to determine whether they are linked to organized crime, the official said.
In another gruesome discovery, the prosecutor`s office said it had dug up the bones of two humans in the town of Tancitaro.
Last weekend, two decapitated heads were left in the town of Antunez.
The Knights Templar have been locked in a turf war with the Jalisco New Generation drug cartel.
Last year, civilians fed up with the police`s failure to deal with the Knights Templar gang began to form vigilante militias to oust the criminals from the region.
The government of President Enrique Pena Nieto has deployed thousands of federal police and troops to Michoacan, seeking to restore security, but violence has continued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers