China: 13 killed in coal mine explosion
Beijing: At least 13 people were killed and
eight others injured when an explosion ripped through a coal
mine in southwest China`s Sichuan province, local authorities
said on Saturday.
The blast occurred yesterday at Diaoyutai Coal Mine in
Junlian County in the city of Yibin.
Eleven miners died on the spot while two others succumbed
to their injuries on way to hospital, local officials were
quoted as saying by the state-run media.
Treatment was being given to eight other people injured
in the blast, four of whom are in critical condition, Xinhua
news agency reported, quoting provincial work safety
One person was still missing and rescue work was
The cause of the explosion was under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress