China: 13 killed in coal mine explosion
Beijing: At least 13 people were killed and
eight others injured when an explosion ripped through a coal
mine in southwest China`s Sichuan province, local authorities
said on Saturday.
The blast occurred yesterday at Diaoyutai Coal Mine in
Junlian County in the city of Yibin.
Eleven miners died on the spot while two others succumbed
to their injuries on way to hospital, local officials were
quoted as saying by the state-run media.
Treatment was being given to eight other people injured
in the blast, four of whom are in critical condition, Xinhua
news agency reported, quoting provincial work safety
One person was still missing and rescue work was
The cause of the explosion was under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what