China: 13 killed in coal mine explosion
Beijing: At least 13 people were killed and
eight others injured when an explosion ripped through a coal
mine in southwest China`s Sichuan province, local authorities
said on Saturday.
The blast occurred yesterday at Diaoyutai Coal Mine in
Junlian County in the city of Yibin.
Eleven miners died on the spot while two others succumbed
to their injuries on way to hospital, local officials were
quoted as saying by the state-run media.
Treatment was being given to eight other people injured
in the blast, four of whom are in critical condition, Xinhua
news agency reported, quoting provincial work safety
One person was still missing and rescue work was
The cause of the explosion was under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?