China: 14 dead, 26 missing in mudslide
Beijing: Chinese rescuers have retrieved 14 bodies from a rain-triggered mudslide in the country`s southwest Sichuan province while 26 people remain missing, authorities said on Monday.
Rescuers have pulled 12 bodies out of the Jinsha River, a major headwater stream of the Yangtze River, the country`s longest waterway, and discovered another two in the mudslide- hit region, sources at the rescue commanding centre said.
The accident occurred at the construction zone of Baihetan Hydropower Station of China Three Gorges Corporation in Ningnan county, Liangshan Yi autonomous prefecture, on June 28, state-run news agency Xinhua reported.
The dead and missing are the hydropower station workers and their family members who were living in a three-story building.
Identities of five of the 14 dead have been confirmed, the sources said, adding that efforts are on to find the missing workers who are believed to have been washed into the Jinsha River.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron