China: 18 pre-school kid in road accident
Beijing: At least 20 people, including 18
pre-school children, were killed and 45 others injured Wednesday when their overloaded school bus collided with a truck in
China`s northwestern Gansu province.
The accident took took place this morning at Yulinzi
township of Zhengning County of the Qingyang city, the
provincial work safety bureau said in a statement.
Those injured in the accident have been hospitalised.
Thirteen of the injured were in serious condition.
The bureau has blamed overloading for the accident,
stating that the bus - a van with nine seats - was carrying 64
The truck from neighbouring Shaanxi Province and was
Nearly 70,000 deaths were reported in China last year due
to road accidents, according to officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman