China: 23 killed, 87 injured in road accidents
Beijing: At least 23 people were killed and
87 others injured in three deadly road accidents in China,
officials said on Saturday.
Twelve people were killed and five others went missing
after a bus fell into a river in Qamdo of China`s southwestern
Tibet Autonomous Region, the local government said today.
The passenger bus, carrying 19 people including the
driver, fell into the Zaqu River in Cerwai Town four days ago.
Two people, including the bus driver, were slightly
injured, according to the emergency response office under the
government of Qamdo prefecture in northeastern Tibet.
Rescuers are searching for the missing passengers along
the river. As of Friday night, 12 bodies were recovered.
Six of the dead have been identified to be Qamdo natives,
and the rest are from the neighbouring Qinghai Province. The
vehicle has been pulled out of the river for investigation.
In another accident, nine people were killed and seven
others seriously injured after a long-distance coach collided
with a heavy-duty truck in Hotan in northwest China`s Xinjiang
Uygur Autonomous Region early today.
The accident occurred when the coach with 33 cotton
picking workers aboard collided with a forthcoming truck on a
desert road while travelling from Aksu to Hotan, the Hotan
prefecture government said in a statement.
Traffic police said snow and heavy fog had reduced the
visibility in the area to less than 100 meters.
An initial investigation showed the truck was running on
the wrong lane at the time of the accident.
In a separate accident, a bus carrying tourists from the
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region overturned in
northeast Jilin province, killing two and injuring 38 others,
including two severely, yesterday, local government said.
The accident took place at Yushu city, when a bus heading
from Harbin, capital of Heilongjiang province, to the city of
Jilin, overturned into a roadside ditch after colliding with a
farm vehicle, a local official said.
The bus carried 38 tourists from Hong Kong, of whom two
died, two sustained serious injuries and 34 others were
slightly injured. Two people on the farm vehicle were also
slightly injured, the official said.
The two severely injured have been sent to a hospital in
Harbin, while others were admitted to two local hospitals in
Yushu. None of the injured is in critical condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow