China: 42 children hit by food poisoning
Beijing: As many as forty two kindergarten
children in China`s Zhejiang Province have fallen ill in a
suspected case of food poisoning.
Students at a kindergarten in Xiaoshan district began
to vomit and complained of abdominal pain on Friday, according
to officials from the district`s Communist Party of China
The children were rushed to local hospitals, where
their vital signs were found to be stable, the officials said.
"From the children`s symptoms, we believe it is
probably a case of food poisoning," said Shao Jiwei, vice
president of Xiaoshan People`s Hospital.
Most of the students at the school are children of
Ying Jinfeng, the mother of a five-year-old who had
fallen ill, said that she found the school cordoned off by
police when she came to pick up her child on Friday afternoon.
"Both my husband and I have to work for 12 hours a
day, even on weekends, so we don`t have the time to take care
of our child," Ying said.
The cause of the incident is unknown and officials are
probing into it, Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report