China: 42 children hit by food poisoning
Beijing: As many as forty two kindergarten
children in China`s Zhejiang Province have fallen ill in a
suspected case of food poisoning.
Students at a kindergarten in Xiaoshan district began
to vomit and complained of abdominal pain on Friday, according
to officials from the district`s Communist Party of China
The children were rushed to local hospitals, where
their vital signs were found to be stable, the officials said.
"From the children`s symptoms, we believe it is
probably a case of food poisoning," said Shao Jiwei, vice
president of Xiaoshan People`s Hospital.
Most of the students at the school are children of
Ying Jinfeng, the mother of a five-year-old who had
fallen ill, said that she found the school cordoned off by
police when she came to pick up her child on Friday afternoon.
"Both my husband and I have to work for 12 hours a
day, even on weekends, so we don`t have the time to take care
of our child," Ying said.
The cause of the incident is unknown and officials are
probing into it, Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says