China: 86 students suffer from food poisoning
Beijing: In a suspected case of food
poisoning, 86 primary school students were admitted to a
hospital in east China`s Shandong province, authorities said
As of this morning, 10 children are still under medical
observation in a hospital in Shenxian County, while others
have been discharged, said a county government spokesperson.
The students from the county`s Mingtian Primary School
began showing symptoms of acute gastroenteritis after eating
lunch from school yesterday, the spokesperson said.
The food samples have been sent for examination and the
government has ordered inspection of all school dining halls
in the county, he added.
During the past week, three similar suspected food
poisoning incidents have affected more than 70 children in two
primary schools in northern China`s Hebei Province and a
kindergarten in the country`s eastern Jiangxi Province, Xinhua
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report