China: 86 students suffer from food poisoning
Beijing: In a suspected case of food
poisoning, 86 primary school students were admitted to a
hospital in east China`s Shandong province, authorities said
As of this morning, 10 children are still under medical
observation in a hospital in Shenxian County, while others
have been discharged, said a county government spokesperson.
The students from the county`s Mingtian Primary School
began showing symptoms of acute gastroenteritis after eating
lunch from school yesterday, the spokesperson said.
The food samples have been sent for examination and the
government has ordered inspection of all school dining halls
in the county, he added.
During the past week, three similar suspected food
poisoning incidents have affected more than 70 children in two
primary schools in northern China`s Hebei Province and a
kindergarten in the country`s eastern Jiangxi Province, Xinhua
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city