China: 86 students suffer from food poisoning
Beijing: In a suspected case of food
poisoning, 86 primary school students were admitted to a
hospital in east China`s Shandong province, authorities said
As of this morning, 10 children are still under medical
observation in a hospital in Shenxian County, while others
have been discharged, said a county government spokesperson.
The students from the county`s Mingtian Primary School
began showing symptoms of acute gastroenteritis after eating
lunch from school yesterday, the spokesperson said.
The food samples have been sent for examination and the
government has ordered inspection of all school dining halls
in the county, he added.
During the past week, three similar suspected food
poisoning incidents have affected more than 70 children in two
primary schools in northern China`s Hebei Province and a
kindergarten in the country`s eastern Jiangxi Province, Xinhua
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak
- Top five health benefits of raspberries!