China: 90 school kids hospitalised with food poisoning
Guangzhou: A total of 90 children were admitted to hospitals with food poisoning symptoms after having school lunches in China`s Guangdong Province Tuesday, local authorities said.
The latest case of suspected food poisoning linked to school meals was reported at a primary school in Boluo County, the county government said in a statement, reported Xinhua.
The statement added that the students reported signs of illness, including vomiting, after eating lunches provided by school and were instantly sent to local hospitals. As of 6 p.m., half of them had been discharged.
Local disease-control authorities said they had conducted tests in the school canteen, hoping to soon reveal the cause of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader