China: 90 school kids hospitalised with food poisoning
Guangzhou: A total of 90 children were admitted to hospitals with food poisoning symptoms after having school lunches in China`s Guangdong Province Tuesday, local authorities said.
The latest case of suspected food poisoning linked to school meals was reported at a primary school in Boluo County, the county government said in a statement, reported Xinhua.
The statement added that the students reported signs of illness, including vomiting, after eating lunches provided by school and were instantly sent to local hospitals. As of 6 p.m., half of them had been discharged.
Local disease-control authorities said they had conducted tests in the school canteen, hoping to soon reveal the cause of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what