Guangzhou: A total of 90 children were admitted to hospitals with food poisoning symptoms after having school lunches in China`s Guangdong Province Tuesday, local authorities said.
The latest case of suspected food poisoning linked to school meals was reported at a primary school in Boluo County, the county government said in a statement, reported Xinhua.
The statement added that the students reported signs of illness, including vomiting, after eating lunches provided by school and were instantly sent to local hospitals. As of 6 p.m., half of them had been discharged.
Local disease-control authorities said they had conducted tests in the school canteen, hoping to soon reveal the cause of the incident.