China accuses Tibetan govt of publishing `Self-immolation Guide`
Beijing: China on Friday accused the Tibetan government-in-exile of publishing an online "Self-immolation Guide" to instigate people to join protests against its rule in Tibet, saying it was tantamount to "confession" by the "Dalai clique" of manipulating suicides from outside.
Recently, the Dalai clique published the "guide" on the Internet, openly encouraging the Tibetans within the Chinese border to "carry out self-immolations according to the plan and procedures", a commentary by the state-run Xinhua news agency said on Friday.
The commentary said that the guide "demonstrates a sober attitude in scheming and arranging the cruel actions of self-immolations" to get "intensive spotlight".
"No matter from which perspective, this `Self-immolation Guide` can yet be regarded as `a remarkable piece of writing`, for it is tantamount to the `confession` of the Dalai clique who has committed the crime of manipulating self-immolations", the commentary said.
The article was part of a counter campaign launched by the state-run media against the wave of self-immolations which gathered pace in recent months, reaching to about 106 so far in parts of Tibet and the Tibetan majority areas in China.
State run CCTV last night carried a third documentary highlighting the pain and suffering self-immolation caused to those who sustained heavy injuries while attempting to burn themselves and woes of their parents.
The commentary said that the book is published only for the "Tibetan government-in-exile" to avoid public condemnation towards its overt manipulation of self-immolations.
"The author of the `Instructions` is Lhamo Je, who had been a `member of the parliament` for two terms in the `parliament` of the Dalai clique and is now still on important position in its `educational system`", it said.
The article merely said the guide was carried on the internet and attributed it to Lhamo Je.
It said the "guide" spoke of ideological mobilisation advocating that self-immolators are "great and honourable fearless heroes" and provided detailed instruction on the preparations including "picking important days and places", "leaving written or recorded last words", and "asking a couple of trustworthy people to help record videos and take photos".
The guide also introduced the "self-immolation slogans" and instructs the self-immolators to shout, "Free Tibet, let the Dalai Lama return to Tibet, and release political prisoners", the commentary said.
"The Chinese government will win the battle of the anti-self-immolations as long as it does not get illusion toward the Dalai clique, nor expects some Western forces to be kind, but keep the situation under control on the basis of our own works", it said.
"The Dalai clique`s fantasy that every self-immolation will exert some pressure on the Chinese government will be highly counter-productive. On the contrary, every self-immolation case occurred was an additional bloody crime the Dalai clique committed for its own ethnic Tibetans", it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion