China aims for judicial transparency
Beijing: China`s Supreme People`s Court (SPC) has issued a judicial interpretation which clarifies procedures of cross-examining cases of state compensation.
The move aims to boost the country`s judicial transparency and ensure that the compensation claimants and those liable for compensation have equal rights of information, participation and expression, reported Xinhua.
Cross-examination should be made public except for those that involve state secrets, personal privacy or as otherwise stipulated by law, according to the interpretation.
The interpretation states that it sticks to the principle that all people are equal before the law.
The interpretation is expected to standardise procedures of cross examination that courts at various levels used to hear cases of state compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30