China airline to improve English after safety breach
Beijing: A Chinese airline pledged to improve
its crews` English skills after one of its flights took off
from a Japanese airport without authorisation.
China Eastern Airlines did not say what caused the error,
but pledged to "further improve the English communication
skills of our flight crews to assure flight safety,"
suggesting it may have been a misunderstanding.
The airline also said it was cooperating with an
investigation by Japanese authorities into Monday`s incident,
in which its pilot took off from Osaka airport without
clearance from air traffic controllers.
"Eastern Airlines will fully cooperate with the
investigation and will fully uphold the principle of safety
first and operate in accordance with the law," the airline
added in a statement posted online yesterday.
The plane, which was carrying 245 passengers, took off
without incident and landed safely in Shanghai, the China
The latest incident comes after the privately-owned
Chinese airline Juneyao said in August, one of its pilots had
refused to give up his landing slot to a passenger plane that
issued a distress call to say it was running out of fuel.
The pilot of the Qatar plane had alerted air traffic
control in the eastern Chinese city of Hongqiao that it had
just five minutes` worth of fuel left after it was diverted
China`s civil aviation authority said at the time those
responsible would be "severely punished".
China Eastern officials were unavailable for comment
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla