China airline to improve English after safety breach
Beijing: A Chinese airline pledged to improve
its crews` English skills after one of its flights took off
from a Japanese airport without authorisation.
China Eastern Airlines did not say what caused the error,
but pledged to "further improve the English communication
skills of our flight crews to assure flight safety,"
suggesting it may have been a misunderstanding.
The airline also said it was cooperating with an
investigation by Japanese authorities into Monday`s incident,
in which its pilot took off from Osaka airport without
clearance from air traffic controllers.
"Eastern Airlines will fully cooperate with the
investigation and will fully uphold the principle of safety
first and operate in accordance with the law," the airline
added in a statement posted online yesterday.
The plane, which was carrying 245 passengers, took off
without incident and landed safely in Shanghai, the China
The latest incident comes after the privately-owned
Chinese airline Juneyao said in August, one of its pilots had
refused to give up his landing slot to a passenger plane that
issued a distress call to say it was running out of fuel.
The pilot of the Qatar plane had alerted air traffic
control in the eastern Chinese city of Hongqiao that it had
just five minutes` worth of fuel left after it was diverted
China`s civil aviation authority said at the time those
responsible would be "severely punished".
China Eastern officials were unavailable for comment
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate