China allocates $55 mn for flood victims
Beijing: The Chinese government has allocated CNY 340 million (around USD 55 million) in relief funds for people affected by floods in Shanxi, Shaanxi and Gansu provinces.
The funds will be used to help relocate flood victims, provide temporary living assistance, reconstruct buildings and give financial support to the relatives of those who died in the floods, Xinhua cited the Ministry of Civil Affairs as saying.
Rainstorms and floods that have occurred since July 7 have killed at least 36 people, left another 10 missing and affected millions of people in the provinces.
The central government has also sent 5,000 tents, 45,000 quilts and 5,000 folding beds to disaster-hit areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what