China: American held for carrying banned material
Beijing: A US citizen has been put under 10-day detention in China for carrying and concealing a banned hazardous substance while trying to board a flight from Beijing to Munich, Xinhua reported on Monday.
According to the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC), the unnamed American suspect was intercepted at the Beijing airport on September 05 when he was about to board Air China flight CA961 from Beijing to Munich.
Police found the man was carrying a bottle of liquid containing trans-methyl crotonate, which is prohibited on flights in China.
The man was given a 10-day administrative detention, a spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees