China: American held for carrying banned material
Beijing: A US citizen has been put under 10-day detention in China for carrying and concealing a banned hazardous substance while trying to board a flight from Beijing to Munich, Xinhua reported on Monday.
According to the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC), the unnamed American suspect was intercepted at the Beijing airport on September 05 when he was about to board Air China flight CA961 from Beijing to Munich.
Police found the man was carrying a bottle of liquid containing trans-methyl crotonate, which is prohibited on flights in China.
The man was given a 10-day administrative detention, a spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore