China: American held for carrying banned material
Beijing: A US citizen has been put under 10-day detention in China for carrying and concealing a banned hazardous substance while trying to board a flight from Beijing to Munich, Xinhua reported on Monday.
According to the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC), the unnamed American suspect was intercepted at the Beijing airport on September 05 when he was about to board Air China flight CA961 from Beijing to Munich.
Police found the man was carrying a bottle of liquid containing trans-methyl crotonate, which is prohibited on flights in China.
The man was given a 10-day administrative detention, a spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India's doping shame: 687 athletes banned since 2009 as per NADA records
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions
- Biggest Indian acquisition by a Chinese company: Fosun to buy Gland Pharma for $1.26 billion
- Has this former Australian cricketer been approached for ‘Housefull 4’?
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: 1st Test, Day 4 — As it happened...