China apologises to Nigeria over fake drugs
Abuja: China has formerly apologised to
Nigeria for alleged export of fake drugs by some Chinese firms
to that country and assured to take punitive action against
those involved in the nexus.
At a meeting of global coalition partners against fake
drugs manufacture, importation and exportation in Abuja,
Chinese Ambassador to Nigeria Rong Yansong regretted the
exportation of fake drugs to the West African country by some
Chinese nationals and industries.
"I wish to use this opportunity to apologise to Nigeria
for the exportation of such products to the country. The
Chinese government would ensure punishment to firms exporting
fake drug to Nigeria," he said.
The apology comes amid rampant cases of alleged fake drug
imports, triggering an intense campaign by the Nigerian
anti-fake drug agency against unwholesome drugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16