China apologises to Nigeria over fake drugs
Abuja: China has formerly apologised to
Nigeria for alleged export of fake drugs by some Chinese firms
to that country and assured to take punitive action against
those involved in the nexus.
At a meeting of global coalition partners against fake
drugs manufacture, importation and exportation in Abuja,
Chinese Ambassador to Nigeria Rong Yansong regretted the
exportation of fake drugs to the West African country by some
Chinese nationals and industries.
"I wish to use this opportunity to apologise to Nigeria
for the exportation of such products to the country. The
Chinese government would ensure punishment to firms exporting
fake drug to Nigeria," he said.
The apology comes amid rampant cases of alleged fake drug
imports, triggering an intense campaign by the Nigerian
anti-fake drug agency against unwholesome drugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!