China appoints new security chief
Beijing: China`s top legislature on Friday appointed Guo Shengkun as minister of public security, replacing Meng Jianzhu.
Guo`s previous post was party chief of south China`s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, reported Xinhua.
Guo, 58, holds a doctoral degree in management and had long worked in the country`s non-ferrous metal sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Beware! No more selfie on board, DGCA taking cognizance
- Turkey PM vows retaliation after 'vile' Cizre attack
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- James Rodriguez may make last Real Madrid appearance in Celta Vigo game
- Manufacturing growth to be higher in Q2 on better export outlook: Survey