China appoints new security chief
Beijing: China`s top legislature on Friday appointed Guo Shengkun as minister of public security, replacing Meng Jianzhu.
Guo`s previous post was party chief of south China`s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, reported Xinhua.
Guo, 58, holds a doctoral degree in management and had long worked in the country`s non-ferrous metal sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics