China appoints new security chief
Beijing: China`s top legislature on Friday appointed Guo Shengkun as minister of public security, replacing Meng Jianzhu.
Guo`s previous post was party chief of south China`s Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, reported Xinhua.
Guo, 58, holds a doctoral degree in management and had long worked in the country`s non-ferrous metal sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam