China asks Japan to ensure protection of diplomats
Beijing: China on Friday asked Japan to ensure protection of its diplomatic personnel after Chinese Embassy in Tokyo received a rifle bullet in the postal envelope.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said that China had expressed grave concern after the Embassy received the bullet.
China has asked Japan to take effective measures to guarantee safety for Chinese embassies and personnel in Japan in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, he told a media briefing here today.
As Saturday marks the 40th anniversary of normalisation of China-Japan relations, it should serve as an opportunity for the two countries to push forward their bilateral ties, Hong said.
China-Japan relations face a grim situation at present, caused by Japan`s unilateral action on the Diaoyu Islands, he said.
Such an action, posing a grave challenge to post-war international order, is against the will of both the Chinese people and people all across the world, according to Hong.
China hopes the Japanese side can realiSe and correct its wrongs and stop all the actions infringing China`s sovereignty in order to help bilateral relations between the two countries come back to a healthy and stable track, Hong said.
The Chinese Embassy in Tokyo received an envelope containing a rifle bullet on Thursday and handed it over to the Japanese police, Yang Yu, spokesman for the embassy said.
The mail is now under further investigation, Yang said, adding that the Chinese embassy has demanded the Japanese police adopt effective measures to ensure the safety of Chinese organisations, companies and personnel in Japan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'