China asks Japan to ensure protection of diplomats
Beijing: China on Friday asked Japan to ensure protection of its diplomatic personnel after Chinese Embassy in Tokyo received a rifle bullet in the postal envelope.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said that China had expressed grave concern after the Embassy received the bullet.
China has asked Japan to take effective measures to guarantee safety for Chinese embassies and personnel in Japan in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, he told a media briefing here today.
As Saturday marks the 40th anniversary of normalisation of China-Japan relations, it should serve as an opportunity for the two countries to push forward their bilateral ties, Hong said.
China-Japan relations face a grim situation at present, caused by Japan`s unilateral action on the Diaoyu Islands, he said.
Such an action, posing a grave challenge to post-war international order, is against the will of both the Chinese people and people all across the world, according to Hong.
China hopes the Japanese side can realiSe and correct its wrongs and stop all the actions infringing China`s sovereignty in order to help bilateral relations between the two countries come back to a healthy and stable track, Hong said.
The Chinese Embassy in Tokyo received an envelope containing a rifle bullet on Thursday and handed it over to the Japanese police, Yang Yu, spokesman for the embassy said.
The mail is now under further investigation, Yang said, adding that the Chinese embassy has demanded the Japanese police adopt effective measures to ensure the safety of Chinese organisations, companies and personnel in Japan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations