China asks Philippines not to create trouble in S China Sea
Beijing: China on Thursday asked the Philippines to stop making trouble over a contested island in the South China Sea and create conditions for talks to resolve the maritime dispute.
"If the Philippines really care about the COC (code of conduct), it should take real actions to implement the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei aid.
Hong was reacting to Philippines foreign affairs secretary Albert del Rosario`s remark that Manila has discovered concrete blocks on the island called Huangyan by China and Scarborough Reef by the Philippines?and alleged China tried to expand territory ahead of the COC, placing the region`s peace and stability in jeopardy.
"The Philippines should create the necessary conditions and environment for discussions over the CoC, rather than making trouble out of nothing," Hong said.
Hong said the Philippines should respect China`s territorial sovereignty.
Besides the Philippines, China has similar dispute in the South China Sea with Vietnam, Malayasia and Brunei.
China and the ASEAN concluded the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea in 2002 and have been pushing for efforts to start talks on a Code of Conduct to resolve the disputes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India