China attacks "biased" US’ cyber-spying report
Beijing: China on Monday accused a US congressional advisory panel of bias for a report in which it said the Chinese government appeared increasingly to be piercing US computer networks to gather useful data for its military.
The US-China Economic and Security Review Commission said in its 2009 report to Congress released last week that there was growing evidence of Chinese state involvement in such activity.
But Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang said the report was a twisted attack on China.
"This report disregards the facts, is full of bias and has ulterior motives," Qin said in a brief statement on the ministry`s website (www.mfa.gov.cn), less than a week after President Barack Obama wrapped up his first official China trip.
"We advise this so-called commission to not always look at China through tinted glasses and stop interfering with China`s internal politics and damaging Sino-US ties," he added.
China regularly dismisses such allegations.
The 12-member, bipartisan US commission was set up in 2000 to analyse the implications of growing trade with China.
Beijing had begun to broaden its national security concerns beyond a potential clash across the Taiwan Strait and issues around its periphery, the 367-page report said.
China was the most aggressive country conducting espionage against the United States, focused on obtaining data and know-how to help military modernisation and economic development, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?