China backs IAEA chief`s second term
Beijing: China on Thursday said it supports a second term for Japan`s Yukiya Amano as director general of IAEA, the UN`s atomic watchdog.
The International Atomic Energy Agency`s board of governors approved a new four-year term for Director General Amano yesterday.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told a daily press briefing that China hopes the IAEA will continue to carry out all of its functions under Amano`s leadership and play a just, objective and constructive role.
"The Chinese side will collaborate with the agency and its director general, as always, and further step up cooperation with the agency," Hua told a media briefing in Beijing on Thursday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan