China backs IAEA chief`s second term
Beijing: China on Thursday said it supports a second term for Japan`s Yukiya Amano as director general of IAEA, the UN`s atomic watchdog.
The International Atomic Energy Agency`s board of governors approved a new four-year term for Director General Amano yesterday.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told a daily press briefing that China hopes the IAEA will continue to carry out all of its functions under Amano`s leadership and play a just, objective and constructive role.
"The Chinese side will collaborate with the agency and its director general, as always, and further step up cooperation with the agency," Hua told a media briefing in Beijing on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation