China backs IAEA chief`s second term
Beijing: China on Thursday said it supports a second term for Japan`s Yukiya Amano as director general of IAEA, the UN`s atomic watchdog.
The International Atomic Energy Agency`s board of governors approved a new four-year term for Director General Amano yesterday.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told a daily press briefing that China hopes the IAEA will continue to carry out all of its functions under Amano`s leadership and play a just, objective and constructive role.
"The Chinese side will collaborate with the agency and its director general, as always, and further step up cooperation with the agency," Hua told a media briefing in Beijing on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB