Beijing: A Chinese province has banned fishermen from venturing into the sea as precaution as it braced to face two approaching typhoons.
About 39,600 fishing boats were recalled to ports in Fujian Province and fishermen are banned from going out to sea until the typhoon alert is lifted, Xinhua news agency reported today.
Meanwhile, 23,659 local aquatic farm workers have been relocated to take shelter from high waves, heavy winds and downpours the typhoons would bring, the office said.
Authorities are also sending out inspectors to reservoirs and sea dykes, especially those under construction, to monitor if there are any dangers.
Direct passenger ferry services from Fujian`s Pingtan and Mawei to Taiwan were suspended for days around the weekends.
Tembin, the 14th typhoon of this year struck southern Taiwan yesterday toppling trees, overturning vehicles and dumping rains that swelled rivers and flooded homes and farmlands.
Bolaven, the 15th typhoon that upgraded to a strong typhoon, is still gaining force while moving northwest at a speed of 15 km per hour.
It is expected to upgrade further to a super typhoon and enter the East China Sea on Sunday night, according to the meteorological center of Zhejiang Province.
Bolaven was 1,215 km southeast of Xiangshan, Zhejiang, packing winds of 48 meters per second at its center, it said.
The typhoon is expected to bring strong gales and heavy downpours to Zhejiang`s central and northern coast and Zhoushan islands from Sunday to Tuesday.
The authorities have ordered fishing boats to take shelters at ports and vegetable greenhouses, aquatic farms and construction sites to brace for strong gales.
Earlier this month, dual-typhoons "Damrey" and "Saola" left eight people dead and forced the evacuation of about 1.3 million residents in the coastal regions.