China blocks Bloomberg website
Beijing: China has reportedly blocked access to the Bloomberg website after it detailed the multimillion-dollar assets of relatives of the man expected to become the next president.
The media firm thinks the move came in response to an article published about the fortunes of Vice President Xi Jinping`s extended family.
“Our Bloomberg.com and Businessweek.com websites are currently inaccessible in China in reaction, we believe, to a Bloomberg News story that was published on Friday morning,” Bloomberg told the BBC.
“Everything else is up and running - consumer and free public [sites] facing are blocked. Terminals are not disrupted,” it added.
The article talked about the multi-million dollar wealth of some of Jinping’s relatives.
It said his extended family owns an empty villa at the South China Sea in Hong Kong, with an estimated value of USD 31.5 million, and at least six other Hong Kong properties that have a combined estimated value of USD 24.1million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details