China bomb hoax; five flights cancelled
Beijing: As many as five flights in China were affected Wednesday due to fake bomb threats, officials said.
Flights operated by China Eastern Airlines, Juneyao Airlines and Shenzhen Airlines were affected, the Xinhua news agency reported.
Juneyao Airlines received a threat call and arranged for the flight which had departed from Shanghai to return to the city so that the plane could be checked. The police found that there was no danger posed to the craft, the airline said.
The flight was finally operated using another plane after all passengers and luggage passed a safety screening, the company said.
A China Eastern Airlines flight from Lanzhou to Xi`an was also safely cleared after the airline received a similar threat.
Shenzhen Airlines received multiple threats, with a flight departing from Nanjing returning to the city after taking off. Another flight departing from Xi`an was forced to land in the city of Guilin, while a third flight departing from Beijing was delayed.
The police are investigating the incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof