China bomb hoax; five flights cancelled
Beijing: As many as five flights in China were affected Wednesday due to fake bomb threats, officials said.
Flights operated by China Eastern Airlines, Juneyao Airlines and Shenzhen Airlines were affected, the Xinhua news agency reported.
Juneyao Airlines received a threat call and arranged for the flight which had departed from Shanghai to return to the city so that the plane could be checked. The police found that there was no danger posed to the craft, the airline said.
The flight was finally operated using another plane after all passengers and luggage passed a safety screening, the company said.
A China Eastern Airlines flight from Lanzhou to Xi`an was also safely cleared after the airline received a similar threat.
Shenzhen Airlines received multiple threats, with a flight departing from Nanjing returning to the city after taking off. Another flight departing from Xi`an was forced to land in the city of Guilin, while a third flight departing from Beijing was delayed.
The police are investigating the incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?