China bomb hoax; five flights cancelled
Beijing: As many as five flights in China were affected Wednesday due to fake bomb threats, officials said.
Flights operated by China Eastern Airlines, Juneyao Airlines and Shenzhen Airlines were affected, the Xinhua news agency reported.
Juneyao Airlines received a threat call and arranged for the flight which had departed from Shanghai to return to the city so that the plane could be checked. The police found that there was no danger posed to the craft, the airline said.
The flight was finally operated using another plane after all passengers and luggage passed a safety screening, the company said.
A China Eastern Airlines flight from Lanzhou to Xi`an was also safely cleared after the airline received a similar threat.
Shenzhen Airlines received multiple threats, with a flight departing from Nanjing returning to the city after taking off. Another flight departing from Xi`an was forced to land in the city of Guilin, while a third flight departing from Beijing was delayed.
The police are investigating the incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?