China bomb hoax; five flights cancelled
Beijing: As many as five flights in China were affected Wednesday due to fake bomb threats, officials said.
Flights operated by China Eastern Airlines, Juneyao Airlines and Shenzhen Airlines were affected, the Xinhua news agency reported.
Juneyao Airlines received a threat call and arranged for the flight which had departed from Shanghai to return to the city so that the plane could be checked. The police found that there was no danger posed to the craft, the airline said.
The flight was finally operated using another plane after all passengers and luggage passed a safety screening, the company said.
A China Eastern Airlines flight from Lanzhou to Xi`an was also safely cleared after the airline received a similar threat.
Shenzhen Airlines received multiple threats, with a flight departing from Nanjing returning to the city after taking off. Another flight departing from Xi`an was forced to land in the city of Guilin, while a third flight departing from Beijing was delayed.
The police are investigating the incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack