China braces for floods; 40,000 relocated
Beijing: More than 40,000 people have been relocated in China after water level in a major river rose alarmingly, the authorities said.
They have been relocated from the flood prone areas of Yellow river in Shanxi and Shaanxi provinces.
The water level in the river and its tributaries has been rising rapidly due to torrential rains, the Global Times reported on Saturday.
The Poyang Lake, the China`s largest freshwater lake, has also seen its water-level exceed the warning level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY