China braces for floods; 40,000 relocated
Beijing: More than 40,000 people have been relocated in China after water level in a major river rose alarmingly, the authorities said.
They have been relocated from the flood prone areas of Yellow river in Shanxi and Shaanxi provinces.
The water level in the river and its tributaries has been rising rapidly due to torrential rains, the Global Times reported on Saturday.
The Poyang Lake, the China`s largest freshwater lake, has also seen its water-level exceed the warning level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’