China calls for dialogue in solving Kosovo issue
United Nations: China has given a call to all concerned parties for solving the Kosovo issue through dialogue and to avoid any move which may deteriorate the current situation in the region, Xinhua reported.
The former Serbian province is troubled by occasional ethnic violence.
Speaking to an open Security Council meeting on Kosovo, Wang Min, Chinese deputy permanent representative to the UN, said the situation in northern Kosovo continues to be tense and the number of voluntary returnees of displaced people has declined remarkably.
Expressing China`s "concern in this regard", Wang said the relations between ethnic groups in northern Kosovo are "sensitive and complex".
"We hope that the parties concerned will adopt prudent approach with a view to promoting national reconciliation and maintaining the stability of the region by resolving their differences through dialogue and avoiding any action that may further complicate or escalate the situation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Premature babies at greater of risk of osteoporosis in adulthood
- Government to crack down on savings scams as PM Modi backs banking for all
- Is your SOUL mature enough? Find out here
- Janice Dickinson looks extremely thin amid health crisis