China calls for restraint in Gaza conflict
Beijing: China has called on Israel and other parties involved in the ongoing Gaza Strip conflict to exercise maximum restraint.
"We strongly urge all parties, Israel in particular, to show maximum restraint, reach an immediate ceasefire, and avoid taking any actions to escalate the situation," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson, Hua Chunying told a daily news briefing here on Monday.
China has expressed grave concern over the large-scale military action taken by Israel in the Gaza Strip, she said, adding that China condemns the violence that has caused civilian casualties.
Thirteen Palestinians were killed by Israeli planes today in the Gaza Strip, taking the death toll to 86 as the airstrikes entered their sixth day.
Arab foreign ministers held an emergency meeting late on Saturday on Gaza and urged a review on the Arab Peace initiative with Israel.
Hua said China supported the Arab states` just stance on Palestinian issues, and appreciated and backed efforts by Egypt and other regional countries as well as the League of Arab States to ease current tensions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'