China: Car carrying Japan ambassador attacked
Beijing: A car carrying Japan’s ambassador to China was on Monday attacked by a man here, the Japanese embassy said.
Amidst high tensions between China and Japan over disputed islands, a man ripped off the Japanese flag from the official vehicle in which Ambassador Uichiro Niwa was returning to the embassy.
Nothing else was damaged in the incident that hints at rising anti-Japanese sentiment in China.
The embassy said it issued a strong protest to the China`s Foreign Ministry, which expressed deep regret over the incident and said authorities would spare no effort to prevent a recurrence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea