China: Car carrying Japan ambassador attacked
Beijing: A car carrying Japan’s ambassador to China was on Monday attacked by a man here, the Japanese embassy said.
Amidst high tensions between China and Japan over disputed islands, a man ripped off the Japanese flag from the official vehicle in which Ambassador Uichiro Niwa was returning to the embassy.
Nothing else was damaged in the incident that hints at rising anti-Japanese sentiment in China.
The embassy said it issued a strong protest to the China`s Foreign Ministry, which expressed deep regret over the incident and said authorities would spare no effort to prevent a recurrence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'