China: Car carrying Japan ambassador attacked
Beijing: A car carrying Japan’s ambassador to China was on Monday attacked by a man here, the Japanese embassy said.
Amidst high tensions between China and Japan over disputed islands, a man ripped off the Japanese flag from the official vehicle in which Ambassador Uichiro Niwa was returning to the embassy.
Nothing else was damaged in the incident that hints at rising anti-Japanese sentiment in China.
The embassy said it issued a strong protest to the China`s Foreign Ministry, which expressed deep regret over the incident and said authorities would spare no effort to prevent a recurrence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki