China: Car carrying Japan ambassador attacked
Beijing: A car carrying Japan’s ambassador to China was on Monday attacked by a man here, the Japanese embassy said.
Amidst high tensions between China and Japan over disputed islands, a man ripped off the Japanese flag from the official vehicle in which Ambassador Uichiro Niwa was returning to the embassy.
Nothing else was damaged in the incident that hints at rising anti-Japanese sentiment in China.
The embassy said it issued a strong protest to the China`s Foreign Ministry, which expressed deep regret over the incident and said authorities would spare no effort to prevent a recurrence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest