China: Car carrying Japan ambassador attacked
Beijing: A car carrying Japan’s ambassador to China was on Monday attacked by a man here, the Japanese embassy said.
Amidst high tensions between China and Japan over disputed islands, a man ripped off the Japanese flag from the official vehicle in which Ambassador Uichiro Niwa was returning to the embassy.
Nothing else was damaged in the incident that hints at rising anti-Japanese sentiment in China.
The embassy said it issued a strong protest to the China`s Foreign Ministry, which expressed deep regret over the incident and said authorities would spare no effort to prevent a recurrence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list