China carries out interceptor missile test
Beijing: China Sunday successfully carried out its second missile interceptor test, the Defence Ministry announced.
China carried out a land-based mid-course missile interception test within its territory today, state-run Xinhua news agency reported attributing the news to the Information Bureau of China`s Defence Ministry.
"The test has reached the preset goal," an official with the Bureau said without providing details.
"The test is defensive in nature and targets no other country," he said.
The last such reported test was in January, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire