China carries out interceptor missile test
Beijing: China Sunday successfully carried out its second missile interceptor test, the Defence Ministry announced.
China carried out a land-based mid-course missile interception test within its territory today, state-run Xinhua news agency reported attributing the news to the Information Bureau of China`s Defence Ministry.
"The test has reached the preset goal," an official with the Bureau said without providing details.
"The test is defensive in nature and targets no other country," he said.
The last such reported test was in January, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter