China: Chen’s passport to be ready in 2 weeks
Beijing: China’s blind activist, Chen Guangcheng, on Thursday said officials have told him that he would be issued his passport within 15 days, permitting him to go to the United States.
Chen, 40, and his family have completed passport applications.
The activist who was at the centre of a diplomatic tussle between Beijing and Washington told a news agency in a phone interview that he`s unsure whether he would be able to leave China soon after receiving a passport.
The blind activist has been under virtual house arrest for two weeks in a Beijing hospital following his dramatic escape from abusive officials in his home village. The US embassy sheltered him for six days, and he wants to travel to the US to study.
Chen says officials who brought paperwork for him and his family to fill out on Wednesday said the processing time for passports is up to 15 days.
(With Agency’s inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof