China circumcision patient held over doctor`s murder: Media
Beijing: A Chinese man "dissatisfied" with his circumcision is suspected of killing a doctor at the hospital where the operation was carried out, state media reported Wednesday.
Wang Fangli, who underwent the surgical procedure last week, stabbed Shan Erhui to death in the doctors` lounge of a hospital in Fengxian county in the eastern province of Jiangsu on Tuesday, the official Xinhua news agency said.
It was not clear whether Shan was the doctor who performed the operation, or why Wang, 45, had it carried out. Circumcisions are not common in China.
"(He) was dissatisfied with the treatment outcome and the medical expenses," the report added.
Violence against medical staff in China has become increasingly common, with an average of one attack at hospitals every two weeks, state media said earlier this year.
The rise in violent incidents has been blamed on long waiting times and a perception that health care is expensive.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar