China commissions new guided missile destroyer
Beijing: Chinese navy today inducted a new generation guided missile destroyer to its fleet. The warship "Kunming" was officially handed over to the People`s Liberation Army Navy at a ceremony held at the port of Jiangnan Shipyard (Group) Company Ltd in Shanghai.
A guided missile destroyer is a warship designed to launch guided missiles. Many are also equipped to carry out anti-submarine, anti-air and anti-surface operations.
The warship belongs to the new generation of China-made guided missile destroyers and has a strong capacity for regional air defence and naval warfare, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
"Weaponry and equipment are vital to the building of a strong navy and the Kunming warship will greatly enhance the navy`s fighting capacity," Navy commander Wu Shengli said at the ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi