China commissions new guided missile destroyer
Beijing: Chinese navy today inducted a new generation guided missile destroyer to its fleet. The warship "Kunming" was officially handed over to the People`s Liberation Army Navy at a ceremony held at the port of Jiangnan Shipyard (Group) Company Ltd in Shanghai.
A guided missile destroyer is a warship designed to launch guided missiles. Many are also equipped to carry out anti-submarine, anti-air and anti-surface operations.
The warship belongs to the new generation of China-made guided missile destroyers and has a strong capacity for regional air defence and naval warfare, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
"Weaponry and equipment are vital to the building of a strong navy and the Kunming warship will greatly enhance the navy`s fighting capacity," Navy commander Wu Shengli said at the ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers