China concert seating collapse injures 64
Beijing: A seating section has collapsed at a concert by Hong Kong pop star Wang Fei in southwest China, injuring 64 people.
The state-run Beijing News says concertgoers suffered cuts, broken bones and head injuries after scaffolding behind the stage broke apart on Friday night.
Those seated in the area fell about 5 feet (1.5 meters) to the concrete floor of the city of Chongqing`s Olympic stadium.
The paper says none of the injuries is life-threatening. The concert has been rescheduled for Monday.
Wang, also known as Faye Wong, was one of the Chinese-speaking world`s biggest stars in the 1980s and 1990s and still boasts a massive fan base in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Chinese communities overseas.
- PM Narendra Modi salutes 'Shramiks' hard work, determination on Labour Day
- Breathtaking! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' teaser 2 introduces Anushka Sharma as 'Aarfa' – Watch
- Centre declines to share info on bringing back Kohinoor
- Parliamentary panel 'anguished' at shortage of faculty in IITs, IIMs
- Good health is the name of the game for Virat Kohli – Check out his fitness mantra!