China concert seating collapse injures 64
Beijing: A seating section has collapsed at a concert by Hong Kong pop star Wang Fei in southwest China, injuring 64 people.
The state-run Beijing News says concertgoers suffered cuts, broken bones and head injuries after scaffolding behind the stage broke apart on Friday night.
Those seated in the area fell about 5 feet (1.5 meters) to the concrete floor of the city of Chongqing`s Olympic stadium.
The paper says none of the injuries is life-threatening. The concert has been rescheduled for Monday.
Wang, also known as Faye Wong, was one of the Chinese-speaking world`s biggest stars in the 1980s and 1990s and still boasts a massive fan base in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Chinese communities overseas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa