China concert seating collapse injures 64
Beijing: A seating section has collapsed at a concert by Hong Kong pop star Wang Fei in southwest China, injuring 64 people.
The state-run Beijing News says concertgoers suffered cuts, broken bones and head injuries after scaffolding behind the stage broke apart on Friday night.
Those seated in the area fell about 5 feet (1.5 meters) to the concrete floor of the city of Chongqing`s Olympic stadium.
The paper says none of the injuries is life-threatening. The concert has been rescheduled for Monday.
Wang, also known as Faye Wong, was one of the Chinese-speaking world`s biggest stars in the 1980s and 1990s and still boasts a massive fan base in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Chinese communities overseas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!