China condoles Bangladesh fire victims
Beijing: China deeply mourns for the victims of the huge fire in a Bangladesh garments factory that killed 111 people, the foreign ministry said here Tuesday.
At a regular press briefing, ministry spokesman Hong Lei expressed sympathy and solicitude for the victims` relatives and those wounded, Xinhua reported.
On Tuesday, national flags across Bangladesh flew at half-mast as the country observed a national mourning day for victims of the deadly blaze at a garments factory near Dhaka and a flyover collapse in the port city of Chittagong.
The fire at the garments factory in Ashulia killed 111 people, and 12 others perished in the flyover collapse in the southeastern port city of Chittagong, according to official figures.
Special prayers were offered Tuesday at mosques, temples, pagodas, churches and other places of worship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town