China condoles Bangladesh fire victims
Beijing: China deeply mourns for the victims of the huge fire in a Bangladesh garments factory that killed 111 people, the foreign ministry said here Tuesday.
At a regular press briefing, ministry spokesman Hong Lei expressed sympathy and solicitude for the victims` relatives and those wounded, Xinhua reported.
On Tuesday, national flags across Bangladesh flew at half-mast as the country observed a national mourning day for victims of the deadly blaze at a garments factory near Dhaka and a flyover collapse in the port city of Chittagong.
The fire at the garments factory in Ashulia killed 111 people, and 12 others perished in the flyover collapse in the southeastern port city of Chittagong, according to official figures.
Special prayers were offered Tuesday at mosques, temples, pagodas, churches and other places of worship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal