China condoles Bangladesh fire victims
Beijing: China deeply mourns for the victims of the huge fire in a Bangladesh garments factory that killed 111 people, the foreign ministry said here Tuesday.
At a regular press briefing, ministry spokesman Hong Lei expressed sympathy and solicitude for the victims` relatives and those wounded, Xinhua reported.
On Tuesday, national flags across Bangladesh flew at half-mast as the country observed a national mourning day for victims of the deadly blaze at a garments factory near Dhaka and a flyover collapse in the port city of Chittagong.
The fire at the garments factory in Ashulia killed 111 people, and 12 others perished in the flyover collapse in the southeastern port city of Chittagong, according to official figures.
Special prayers were offered Tuesday at mosques, temples, pagodas, churches and other places of worship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?