China conducts maiden flight of stealth drone
Beijing: China on Thursday conducted the maiden flight of stealth drone, becoming the fourth country in the world to develop the unmanned combat air vehicle (UCAV).
Chinese official media today released pictures of the maiden flight, which was tested in an unspecified location.
The photos first appeared on the military forum.
According to witness accounts, the stealth drone took off at 1 pm today. The flight lasted about 20 minutes, state-run China Radio International reported.
A Chinese news website featuring high-resolution photos said the flight made China the fourth country in the world to develop a UCAV.
The X-47B from the US has performed a series of land and carrier-based demonstrations, while Neuron from France and BAE Systems Taranis from Britain have also successfully finished their first flights, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'