China conducts maiden flight of stealth drone
Beijing: China on Thursday conducted the maiden flight of stealth drone, becoming the fourth country in the world to develop the unmanned combat air vehicle (UCAV).
Chinese official media today released pictures of the maiden flight, which was tested in an unspecified location.
The photos first appeared on the military forum.
According to witness accounts, the stealth drone took off at 1 pm today. The flight lasted about 20 minutes, state-run China Radio International reported.
A Chinese news website featuring high-resolution photos said the flight made China the fourth country in the world to develop a UCAV.
The X-47B from the US has performed a series of land and carrier-based demonstrations, while Neuron from France and BAE Systems Taranis from Britain have also successfully finished their first flights, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY