China conducts maiden flight of stealth drone
Beijing: China on Thursday conducted the maiden flight of stealth drone, becoming the fourth country in the world to develop the unmanned combat air vehicle (UCAV).
Chinese official media today released pictures of the maiden flight, which was tested in an unspecified location.
The photos first appeared on the military forum.
According to witness accounts, the stealth drone took off at 1 pm today. The flight lasted about 20 minutes, state-run China Radio International reported.
A Chinese news website featuring high-resolution photos said the flight made China the fourth country in the world to develop a UCAV.
The X-47B from the US has performed a series of land and carrier-based demonstrations, while Neuron from France and BAE Systems Taranis from Britain have also successfully finished their first flights, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred