China conducts major Air Force exercises
Beijing: Chinese Air Force Monday conducted a rage of exercises involving new aircraft as well as radar evading drills amid its escalating maritime dispute with Japan over the disputed islands in East China Sea.
The exercises, whose location was not made public, were a major success, state-run CCTV said.
The drills involved new jet fighters which also practiced low flying radar evading techniques, it said.
The Chinese military, including its navy and marine forces, are conducting a series of exercises at various places at a time when China is locked in a maritime dispute with Japan over the disputed islands.
The strong military posturing also coincides with the once in a decade leadership change in the country as the ruling Communist Party is set to have a new leaders after the November 8 key Congress.
In another development, the Military Training Department under the General Staff Headquarters (GSH) of the Chinese People`s Liberation Army (PLA) has begun conducting assessment of the first-class military training units of the year at the division and brigade levels.
Unlike previous years, the military and political officers of the divisions and brigades, who have got the candidateship of the first-class military training units of each military area command, will have to appear for examinations on their military theoretical attainment and mastery of the integrated command platform in the irrespective military area commands, People`s Daily online reported.
A joint assessment team of the PLA general headquarters has been set up to conduct the evaluation of the first-class military training units in late October.
According to leaders of the Military Training Department, the test will cover overall appraisal of troop units` training management, training results and training conditions.
More attention of the assessment will be paid on the application of integrated command platforms, the operation of IT-based weaponry and equipment and the drill commanding based on information systems, the report said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan